buzztard project status 01/01/2013

Happy new 2013!

Besides a lot of testing and little bug fixes here and there I finished of a few half ready features. One is range-randomize (press Ctrl+Shift+R). In contrast to randomize which takes the parameters min-max value as bounds, this one picks the bounds from the first and last value in the selected . . . → Read More

News:

buzztard project status 01/12/2012

At the beginning of the month I made a few changes to the pattern editor. It now has a binding to the ‘,’ key, which insert the current parameter value into the pattern. This is a neat shortcut for using the ui to tune a parameter and then copy the base value to the . . . → Read More

buzztard project status 01/11/2012

Finally pushed the pattern control-source: 26 files changed, 1204 insertions, 1333 deletions. It looks like only a little gain in code size, but that is not true; we added more tests and splitting up a large class always comes with some boilerplate for the new class. There are still some opportunities for optimizations, which . . . → Read More

buzztard project status 01/10/2012

After a discussion on IRC about tunings I looked into adding some of those to the ToneConversion class which so far only implemented the usual equal temperament. I have to say the wikipedia articles on this matter are awesome, detailed and plentiful. I added two 12tone tunings to the ToneConversion class now and implemented . . . → Read More

buzztard project status 01/09/2012

I worked a bit on preset handling in gstreamer. Now machines with variable number of parameters with save their properties correctly. One example is the parametric equalizer. I needed this for sidsyn in buzztard too. I also updated the preset handling for buzzmachines. They now store presets in user-data-dir. This avoids that those get . . . → Read More

buzztard project status 01/08/2012

I started the month with some preparational work for the 2nd GSoc task – to use GstEncodeBin for recording. The first change was to streamline the recording UI. Instead of two dialog – one for setting and one for the progress – we now just show one. This causes less noise on the screen . . . → Read More

Just a little result from playing around

A perfect opportunity to play with the wordpress-soundcloud integration.

buzztard project status 01/07/2012

build times of the buzztard module

I did more test cleanups and finally the libs are done. I am going to increase the coverage more, but it is quite good already. We’re having more than 200 test for libbuzztard-core now. That helps making changes.

One aspect of writing tests is also to check the API for testability. While working on . . . → Read More

New synthesizer base class

As part of my Google Summer of Code project I’ve been working on an audiosynth base class to make the creation of new synthesizers in the future much simpler. I’m pleased to announce that this is complete and is now utilized by both simsyn and fluidsynth. There are two virtual methods that must be . . . → Read More

buzztard project status 01/06/2012

In May I finished the refactoring of the sequence damage-repair code for updating the controller time-lines after pattern changes. It is a lot less code now and it is also faster. The “less code” is important as there is quite a bit of logic to handle combining events from patterns overlapping in time or . . . → Read More