buzztard project status 01/09/2012

I worked a bit on preset handling in gstreamer. Now machines with variable number of parameters with save their properties correctly. One example is the parametric equalizer. I needed this for sidsyn in buzztard too. I also updated the preset handling for buzzmachines. They now store presets in user-data-dir. This avoids that those get . . . → Read More

News:

buzztard project status 01/08/2012

I started the month with some preparational work for the 2nd GSoc task – to use GstEncodeBin for recording. The first change was to streamline the recording UI. Instead of two dialog – one for setting and one for the progress – we now just show one. This causes less noise on the screen . . . → Read More

Just a little result from playing around

A perfect opportunity to play with the wordpress-soundcloud integration.

buzztard project status 01/07/2012

build times of the buzztard module

I did more test cleanups and finally the libs are done. I am going to increase the coverage more, but it is quite good already. We’re having more than 200 test for libbuzztard-core now. That helps making changes.

One aspect of writing tests is also to check the API for testability. While working on . . . → Read More

New synthesizer base class

As part of my Google Summer of Code project I’ve been working on an audiosynth base class to make the creation of new synthesizers in the future much simpler. I’m pleased to announce that this is complete and is now utilized by both simsyn and fluidsynth. There are two virtual methods that must be . . . → Read More

buzztard project status 01/06/2012

In May I finished the refactoring of the sequence damage-repair code for updating the controller time-lines after pattern changes. It is a lot less code now and it is also faster. The “less code” is important as there is quite a bit of logic to handle combining events from patterns overlapping in time or . . . → Read More

buzztard project status 01/05/2012

More cruft removal this month. We dropped some more configure options (thanks Adrian) and removed more old/unused code. The project also got the first commits merged from Thomas – our GSoC student.

The pattern class had a boolean parameter to chose between command and data patterns. I refactored that into a proper class hierarchy. . . . → Read More

Buzztard UI Overview

In the hope that this helps to get you started with buzztard, I present the high level UI Overview. Let me know if you have ideas to improve it.

buzztard project status 01/04/2012

I started hacking on the transport settings. The idea here is to have a generic scheme for how to control playback (start, stop, seek) externally. This can be a midi-controller, but also qjackcontrol or a MPRIS applet. The setting now show the available modules and allow to enable master and slave mode as well . . . → Read More

buzztard project status 01/03/2012

As a big leftover promise from my talk at the GStreamer conference in 2011 I spend more time to understand latencies inside GStreamer. For plain playback the latencies are not an issue, but for anything interactive, be it entering notes or changing parameters while the song is playing, we want much lower latencies. For . . . → Read More