I made great progress on the features for 0.9 and decided to cut a pre-release tarball. I’ll wait a bit for translation updates and hopefully push the release in a few days. If there is anything is that is not working well for you in the latest git version, now is the time to . . . → Read More
Now that two month passed since the release, I have a little update on whats going on. First we moved all the bugs over to github too, I love the way you can link things together over there. We also did a bug scrub and filed more ideas as tickets.
On the code base . . . → Read More
The buzztrax team has released version 0.8.0 “bladerunner” of its buzz-alike music composer.
Code reorganization and experimental support for 32bit windows dll plugins on 64bit x86.
Port to gstreamer-1.0. Various code cleanups and api-doc updates.
Port the code base to the recent version of the libraries we’re using. We switched from . . . → Read More
First, sorry for not keeping up with regular posts. Anyway, the good news is that we releasing version 0.8 soon. While this cycle does not bring a lot of new features, it has tons of changes. The base libraries we’re using wen’t through major api updates and we had to do the porting:
gconf . . . → Read More
I case you wonder whats up with the buzztrax, I finally have some updates.
First I declare the porting to be done. There might be some small things left here and there, but overall things are back in a working condition. 99% of the tests pass. I am now rewriting the dynamic relinking one . . . → Read More
The last two month I mostly worked on porting the UI from gtk+2 and gnome-canvas to gtk+3 and clutter. First I ported our own widgets (vumeter, waveform-viewer and pattern-editor). This was relative straight forward. One issue were the colors. I was using GtkStyle->bg[state] to draw the background, but the color there is simply wrong. . . . → Read More
We applied as an organisation to take part in the Google Summer of Code program, but got rejected mainly due to the project name. As this was not the first time people where uncomfortable with the name, we renamed the project – buzztard is now called buzztrax. The homepage with the wiki and wordpress . . . → Read More
This month I mostly cleaned up small bits and pieces from the gstreamer-1.0 port. Most notably multitrack encoding works again. The handling of EOS and starting of the next track was racy. Speaking of the recording dialog – this one now has some basics for a silent mode implemented. For now it only disables . . . → Read More
As I already mentioned in last months issue, I ported buzztard and gst-buzztard to use gstreamer-1.0. It will require 1.1.X for some fixes in gstreamer itself. So how did it went. The basic porting to make it compile against 1.0 took about 20 hours spread over a couple of days. It is quite straight . . . → Read More
We started the year with a release in the beginning of January. So far only a few issues were reported. Patches for these are on the 0.7.1 branch. One last minute change in 0.7 was the departure from trying to link/unlink elements in gstreamer while playing. I sadly have to conclude that in 0.10 . . . → Read More